I think I might possibly want to write a book. I have mentioned this to my wife, mother, Jana and Mike-Dog. I even started the first chapter. But, like many things in my life, I have left it for other things.
College, Framing Houses, Truss Estimating, and the puzzle sitting on my front table are a few examples. Things I have left.
My personality is such that I go with a thing so long as it holds interest and is challenging. As long as I am making progress and successful enough, I stick with it. However, once I feel that I have conquered, or need to conquer something else, I move on.
You know me, Reader, or you would not be reading this Blog. So, I don't feel I need to explain the details linking the above two paragraphs.
What I will point out though, is another trait to that personality of mine. I have no problem going back and picking up where I left off. I am smiling now.
On certain special nights, after putting the kids in bed, I like to keep them up with a story. I am not so good at making things up from scratch. But, as I re-tell stories to my kids, I embellish and stretch. I leave out boring stuff and make the good parts even better. They seem to really enjoy my stories.
I grew up in Oroville, California. The City of Gold! On my wife's first trip to my home town, not wanting to hurt my feelings, using the nicest description she could muster, Tara described O-Town with a single exclamation, "What a dump!" Oroville is what Mormons would describe as having a sweet spirit. Not good looking at all on the exterior, but golden on the inside. You just have to get to know the place. Most of the enchantment comes from the people.
Combining my love for reading, telling stories, Oroville, and the people flames the desire I have to write it all down. Everything written is based on a magnet of truth that has been pulled through the gold dust in my brain to become my original story. I hope to combine all these bloggings one day into book form. I will eventually come back to that.
Enjoy.