I like to read. One perk of my new job is time. I really do try to read at least one conference talk per shift. Of course, studying the Book of Mormon should be a daily activity.
This blog entry is a plea for help. I need some book referrals. I currently am listening to a book on CD during my commute. I also read a book during my shift.
I enjoyed The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins.
I read all the Twilight books.
I read all the Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time.
I loved the Otori series by Lian Hearn.
I loved the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.
I read Louis L'Amour and Clive Cussler.
I read Chesapeake by James A. Michener.
I loved the Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
I have started many books that I never finished. They didn't hold my interest.
I have taken to reading reviews on line, hoping to luck out.
If you have any suggestions of something I should read, please leave a comment.
Read Neal Stephenson. Diamond Age. Snow Crash. Anathem. Cryptonomicon.
ReplyDeleteOr read Orson Scott Card's series where he makes the Book of Mormon into a sort of sci-fi thing. I can't remember what those books were called, and they weren't very good, but I read them all just because who does that guy think he is turning the BoM into fiction? (The Homecoming Saga, starting with "The Memory of Earth". I just looked it up.)