Saturday, June 25, 2011

TDD

"Hello. Is Ryan at home?"
"Yes, this is Ryan."
"Hello Ryan. You have a TDD call from Jeremey. This is operator number 42675 with TDD services. Have you spoken with us before?"
"Yes."
"Alright. Let's Begin. Hi Ryan. This Jeremey. How doing today? Go Ahead."
"Hello Jeremey. I am fine. What are you up to today?" "Oh, Go Ahead."
Pause.
"Oh, OK, doing fine. I wonder if you want play? Go Ahead."
"Um, yeah, let me ask my Mom." Pause. "Um, yeah, you can come over for a little while. Go Ahead."
Pause.
"OK. Great. I see you soon. Bye. Go Ahead."
"Ok. Bye. Go Ahead."
Pause.
"The caller is hanging up now. Thank you for using TDD. Have a great day."
"Ok. Bye."

I always felt funny hanging up when I knew Jeremey was hanging up. I would always wait for the operator to say that he had hung up and then I felt like I had to tell the operator goodbye. It was always awkward. But, at the same time it was really cool. Advanced Technology. There was always a printout from Jeremey's machine. He would bring it over. It recorded every um and yeah and sometimes a grunt. I always forgot to say "Go Ahead".

Last week I sent Jeremey and Email. We text sometimes too. Advanced Technology. I am willing to bet that Telecommunications Device for the Deaf is out of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment